Outlook Express crashing

Phrixos 19:57 20 Oct 2007

Hello,

In WinXP (sp2) Outlook Express keeps crashing. (Brand new windows install--but it was doing the exact same thing before the new install.)

The program coughs up the following dialogue:

"Windows cannot find click here=
1892&jBucketTable
=1&jBucket=126906962&LCID=
1033&OS=5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0"

(All on the same line--to which it then adds the doubly-absurd instruction: "Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

Any ideas what is going on here?

ATB,
Phrixos

Phrixos 20:03 20 Oct 2007

Further note:

For whatever reason, the Helproom software has replaced some text in my last message, with its "click here" link. In stead of "click here", read:

"click here="

ATB,
Phrixos

brundle 20:05 20 Oct 2007

The forum software converts links into `click here`.
It's not much use to you anyway - reveals nothing you don't already know ; click here

brundle 20:05 20 Oct 2007

How far does it get before crashing? Does it open at all, or crash at a certain point or operation?

Phrixos 20:06 20 Oct 2007

(It's done it again! (I'll try inserting a vew spaces to foil the culprit.) The missing text isd:

"http: // oca.microsoft. com.resredir.aspx?SID="

ATB
Phrixos

Phrixos 20:07 20 Oct 2007

Can't say. It seems to crash randomly.

P.

brundle 20:24 20 Oct 2007

start menu/run, type

eventvwr.msc

Look under Application for errors relating to Outlook Express or MSIMN.exe

Phrixos 23:19 20 Oct 2007

Ah, yes. should've mentioned that.

Errors 1000, 1001, 1002--but Microsoft's responses are no help.

P.

Technotiger 23:28 20 Oct 2007

click here

Have a look at the third entry from the bottom - there is a Microsoft hotfix mentioned which might fix yours too.

Phrixos 10:57 21 Oct 2007

Uh, yeah. On downloading the hotfix, I was just about to do as you advised, Technotiger, until I thought, "I'm about to open an exe file on the sayso of a total stranger." So I searched for some verification on the hotfix and found nothing--except the hotfix itself, and on a non-Microsoft site.

Sorry, Technotiger. Nothing personal of course; rather, a product of the circumstance: how do I determine that the hotfix (and you) are legitimate?

Shouldn't Microsoft itself have something to say on it?

ATB,
Phrixos

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?