Outlook Express connection problem

joethebow 21:14 13 Apr 2007

Running XP on an AMD 2200 with 1Gb Ram. Using AOL 8mb Broadband.

We have 4 Hotmail accounts and access them via outlook express. When we connect to outlook & click on 'Send Recieve, a window opens listing the accounts then a separate window opens with 3 options:

---------------------------------------------

'A Dial-Up Networking connection is already established to 'The Internet (1)'.

Try to locate the server on the current connection

Hang Up and dial 'Broadband Connection'

Don't warn me about this again

--------------------------------

I tried ticking the 'Don't warn me' box but the internet disconnected and tried to reconnect through a dial up connection, which I don't have.

I've tried changing almost everything in Intrenet Explorer & Outlook Tools and Options.

All I want is for the thing to connect and download my messages when I click Recieve all.

Technotiger 21:22 13 Apr 2007

Hi, have you checked in IE Tools>Internet Options>Connections ... Never dial a connection is ticked?

joethebow 21:35 13 Apr 2007

So many times I've lost count.

Technotiger 21:49 13 Apr 2007

Hmm, perhaps you need to contact your ISP, AOL - Good Luck!

Technotiger 21:50 13 Apr 2007

or perhaps... contact Hotmail?

joethebow 21:55 13 Apr 2007

It's nothing to do with Hotmail or AOL. This setup worked perfectly on my previous 2 PC's. It still works on my spare PC and Laptop. It just doesn't work properly on this, second user, one I've been using for the past month.

Technotiger 22:00 13 Apr 2007

Ok, sorry I could not be more positive. Only other thing I can suggest is a System Restore, assuming it was working ok a little while back.

Cheers

joethebow 18:19 14 Apr 2007

It never worked on this PC.

MAJ 18:28 14 Apr 2007

You might have a dialler (trojan) installed. If you have a Broadband connection and your old analogue modem is still connected somehow, then disconnect it from the phone line. Go into Control Panel > Network Connections and delete all other dialup connections, leaving only your BB connection. Install Spywareblaster click here and also install, update and run a scan with Adaware click here and/or SuperAntispyware click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?