Outlook Express addresses

Newuser10 15:39 23 Jan 2006

How do I copy this file to a CD to have a back-up

tonyx1302 16:00 23 Jan 2006

^bump^

john-232317 16:00 23 Jan 2006

Not sure but I think you go into files, save as,select WAB file, save into my docs or similar and burn wab file to cd .

PC Bilbo 16:02 23 Jan 2006

click here

This is a tutorial covering Outlook and Outlook Express back up.

cycoze 16:15 23 Jan 2006

Open Outlook Express, click on `file` then on `export` then on `address book`, in the new small window select `text file (comma seperated values), now click on the export button, in this new window click on browse, this normally opens up `my docs` but you can choose where you want to send the file to, where it says file name type in something easy to remember ie- Newuser10address, click on save, now your returned to the previous menu, click on `next`, in this window you will find several check boxes which you can tick for the options that you want to save, when done click on `finish`, you should get a small box confirming the procedure has been done, close the export tool window and Outlook Express.

Burn the saved file to disc as you would any other file, you can then import it back into outlook express on any machine using a similar procedure.

The resulting file would normally be fairly small so you could put it on to a floppy or USB drive.

tonyx1302 16:22 23 Jan 2006

just done it successfully with...open OE,then open address book. Click on view then click export gives you the opportunity to save it anywhere. I have just saved mine to a USB pen.

Tony

tonyx1302 16:24 23 Jan 2006

Whoops. Sorry cycoze have just read your post and it seems I have doubled up.

Tony

Newuser10 19:00 23 Jan 2006

many thanks. Problem solved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017