Outlook Express address book has gone AWOL

Biker Dave 19:42 21 Jun 2006

All was going well until OE lost the adddress book during a sync with my sony w810i phone. Now when trying to add a contact it says 'Unable to open Address Book. The Address Book may not be installed properly'. I have tried to system restore but no luck, strange thing is that when I go into my better halfs email account on the same pc her address book is OK!? Looking at MS help it points to XP reinstall but is that really necessary? I have got my address book backed up as a wab file so I have all info.

Quick fix if possible would be good!
Cheers
Dave

johnnyrocker 19:53 21 Jun 2006

if it is xp run sfc /scannow and have your disk to hand and it should repair oe on the profile in trouble.

johnny.

Biker Dave 19:58 21 Jun 2006

Hi johnny

have tried that but no luck. once i hit OK a small message box flashes up v quickly that is unreadable and then nothing! I was expecting a message saying put disk in but no!

Biker Dave 21:00 21 Jun 2006

Hi johnny, my typo error, i put in sfc / scannow, amazing what a gap can do! Now asks for disk, i have recovery only and gives me the following options: Install xp, install optional components, perform additional tasks and check sys compat'y. When using Install xp My disk is only to sp1 so it tells me that my installed sys is newer and files will be unrecoverable. Is this where I should be going?

westwit 23:39 21 Jun 2006

You could try importing your backed up address book. File | Import | Address Book and then browse to where you store your backed up wab file.

Biker Dave 00:06 22 Jun 2006

thanks Westwit. Ran registry mechanic first as it wouldnt do as you suggested, after that all ok! Thanks to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?