outlook express

the spook 07:10 13 Jul 2003

windows XP pro. when I shut down outlook express I get a message appear saying. the instruction at 0x77f52109 referenced memory at 0x00974b88 the memory could not be written. click on ok to terminate the program. What does this mean, what have I done wrong, how can I put things right.
Please help

Valvegrid 07:51 13 Jul 2003

I think this thread had the same problem and it seemed to be resolved:

click here

Paul

Djohn 14:01 13 Jul 2003

Try the link provided by Valvegrid and please let us know if it helps. Unfortunately the problem is still not fully sorted, even with the help of Microsoft themselves!

the spook 09:53 14 Jul 2003

Hi Guys
Thanks for getting back to me. I had a look at the link you supplied and tried everything that it suggested still no joy. I am not using freeserve but I did on one occasion have need to install it and I must admit my problem started then. There is a freeserve bar appeared at the bottom of outlook express, if I use my firwall to stop the freeserve bar from activating then the problem does not happen but as soon as I let it connect to freeserve then the problem occurs.
How do I get rid of the bar?
Cheers the spook

Jester2K II 09:55 14 Jul 2003

View Menu, Layout. Unselect the Info bar (i think its called)

the spook 16:55 14 Jul 2003

Cheers Jester
Every thing seems to be back to normal. I had to go into c:drive program files, internet explorer, and look for a set up folder, when I opened it I deleted all the freeserve stuff that appears to have been the cause of the problem and it seems to have worked.
Once again thanks to all who helped. The Spook

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?