Outlook Express 6... Reply from...

TonyV 10:55 08 Feb 2009

I have asked this question before, click here, but still I have not resolved the problem. In desperation, I tried the same facility in Thunderbird, and when ever I reply to or forward a message, my address comes as the sender. In OE6 it steadfastly refuses to do it and always puts my wifes e mail address as the sender.

They are the same addresses in both Thunderbird and OE, so why does OE seem to ignore the fact that my address is listed as the default address, and how do I get the thing to do as it used to when BT was my ISP?

I have trawled through the Microsoft Help area, but couldn't come up with a solution and it appears that there is no way you can talk to Mr Microsoft with signing up to some service. (I ain't doing that at their prices!!)

Thanks

TonyV

eedcam 11:57 08 Feb 2009

Have you checked in the ' FROM'drop down box you'll possibly find all you have to do is drop and select yours

TonyV 12:04 08 Feb 2009

Yes, I know that, but it always used to come up with my address first and that made life a whole lot easier. For instance, the other day I forwarded a rather funny joke sent in by my son, I then forwarded it to a number of addresses, and when I spoke to my sister this morning, and asked if she got the joke I sent thru' the other day, she said "No, but I did get one from S----," (my wife". I had forgotten to change the address after a life time of not having to!

So you see, it can be a wee bit disconcerting.

Cheers

TonyV

TonyV 20:23 08 Feb 2009

Windows Live Mail does what I want.

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017