Outlook Express 6 problem

R.C.M. 11:13 05 Oct 2006

Last night I found out that emails I send are getting sent back to me - failed to deliver.

An unknown error has occurred. Account: '****', Server: 'pop.wanadoo.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80004005

I can receive emails and the only time I can send successfully is a test email to myself!

Can someone please help me

R.C.M. 11:16 05 Oct 2006

Sorry for being a pest - how come I was able to send the email to this forum? But can't to my friends?

brundle 11:17 05 Oct 2006
  SANTOS7 11:22 05 Oct 2006

The pop3uidl.dat file is corrupt. This file contains all the information regarding which messages on the server should be downloaded, etc.
- Close OE
- delete the file pop3uidl.dat
- then open OE and check the mail account settings again.

click here

taken from link,good luck..

it_girl 11:54 05 Oct 2006

Are you automatically picking up the addresses from the Address Book?The problem could stem from here.
If so try manually typing in the address into your e-mail and wait to see!!

R.C.M. 12:30 05 Oct 2006

Can't find pop3uidl.dat file in c:drive I ran search to try and find it, it could not.

Still getting the same error message when I type in the address.

Thanks for your help.

SANTOS7 12:47 05 Oct 2006

click here
the error message relates here to MSN

click here
the error message here relates to incoming only

As brundle has suggested the .mbx route and that does not solve the problem it may be related to MSN..

R.C.M. 15:13 05 Oct 2006

I have found out that I can send emails to friends who are not with A.O.L.

All emails sent to friends with A.O.L. are returned. I contacted the postmaster at A.O.L. who informed me that I have been reported as spam? The advice I received was to apply for a loop? How can I rectify this problem?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?