Outlook Express 6 problem

goldcow 17:41 24 Apr 2004

I can download my emails, and see the subject line with date and time, but in the preview box there's nothing to be seen, all you get is the egg timer! It's exactly the same if you double click the email - the window opens to display the mail but there's nothing to see - only the egg timer!
The only way Ic an view the email content is to highlight the mail, then right click and click on properties & select the detail tab and click message source.....not very convenient!!
Can anybody help?

Diodorus Siculus 20:14 24 Apr 2004

click here
318378 - How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP

goldcow 09:16 25 Apr 2004

Sorry, I forgot to mention my OS is Windows 98

Stuartli 09:34 25 Apr 2004

I would advise that you permanently disable Preview Pane - it's an open gateway for viruses etc.

Just one click can set one in action.

You can check any suspicious e-mails by using the method you mention above i.e. the Message Source. If there are problems, leave the message highlighted and use the Tool Bar Delete button.

Re IE - if you go to Add/Remove Programs and double click on Internet Explorer, you will see a menu. Choose Repair.

You may have to delete additional shortcuts and Programs listings as a result. It doesn't always solve problems either so reinstalling IE over your present version may be the only option; your configuration will be retained including addresses etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017