outlook express 6 hyperlinks

nectar 23:24 08 Feb 2003

I am unable to open hyperlinks contained within emails, any suggestions?

AragornUK 23:28 08 Feb 2003

Got a popup stopper running at all? If so, disable it and try again. This is often a cause for not being able to open links in emails.

If this aint it post back....

nectar 23:36 08 Feb 2003

thanks, but I haven't got a popup stopper, at least not one that I know of.

nick_j007 23:41 08 Feb 2003

Interesting, as I have downloaded a pop up stopper recently (Pop up stopper free version) and have found that I have been unable to open links in O.E. too.
It also prevents me from opening certain links on web pages too. Might even uninstall the blighter!

Nick Jones

nectar 23:42 08 Feb 2003

how would I know if I have a popup stopper?

leo49 23:43 08 Feb 2003

Hold down shift when you click - that will allow a new window to open.

MAJ 00:07 09 Feb 2003

It's probably happening because IE doesn't realise it is your default browser. Go to IE > Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab and tick the box at the bottom which says "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser". Close Internet Explorer, then re-open it. It will ask you if you want to make IE your default browser, choose yes. Then try your email links again.

nick_j007 00:23 09 Feb 2003

Okee dokee!
Thanks Leo. I'll bare that in mind and try it next time.

Cheers, Nick

Maj, I have also carried out your pointer there, and shall await the difference. Always interesting how one person can post a question, and I think "Ah, me too!"

nick_j007 00:28 09 Feb 2003

Nectar,
Not being an expert here, but presumably you would remember if you had downloaded one in the past. It's not a regular part of Windows to my knowledge.
Have a look in your programmes file for anything like pop-not or pop up stopper etc.

Nick

MAJ 00:28 09 Feb 2003

I didn't see your post about your popup stopper, sorry. If it's PanicWare's PopupStopper (free version), holding down the Ctrl key while clicking the link, will allow the link to open.

VoG™ 00:36 09 Feb 2003

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)