Outlook Express 6 blocked

diesel1948 22:04 05 Feb 2007

Just got new computer from Dell, 3 yrs Mcafee security on it. I am having a problem sending e-mails from Outlook Express 6 keeps saying not been sent, something to do with Protocol how can I stop it stopping me sending e-mails from Outlook Express? no probs with hotmail. Grateful for any advice.

SANTOS7 22:32 05 Feb 2007

click here

this will help,good luck..

diesel1948 22:55 05 Feb 2007

Santos7 thank you for your help my friend but I have set it all up. The problem is McAfee security, everytime I try and send an e-mail, (I can receive them) I get a message from McAfee saying cant be sent protocol error. I click on the highlighted protocol error and a message appears saying:Command sent was:RCPT to <[email protected]> or whatever e-mail it may be, Response received is: 550 relay not permitted.
Consult the online help for your e-mail programme for more information on this error.
Contact your e-mail provider if this problem persists. All this is to do with McAfee, there must be something to disable to solve it.

diesel1948 23:04 05 Feb 2007

Santos sorry for being a complete prune I have just discovered that one of my e-mails has just been cut off, I think.I used to be with Bulldog and left them to go with Homecall (Pipex) I know they own Bulldog but they said they could offer higher speeds. I just tried to send an e-mail from homecall in outlook and it went no probs. Strange thing is though e-mails are still coming to me with Bulldog e-mail address

beeuuem 23:08 05 Feb 2007

Does this click here help?

diesel1948 23:28 05 Feb 2007

Beeuuem Thanks buddie the e-mail lives again, my server requires authentication seemed to do the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires