Outlook Express 6

Daiol 15:37 14 Nov 2008

Hello.I have seemed to have lost the accounts tab in the tools menu in OE6.I have tried regedit locate HKEY_Loca machine\software\microsoft\outlookexpress,And under the Modify accts the value was already set to 0,Then rebooted pc but accounts not there.Any help please.daiol.

lotvic 20:37 14 Nov 2008

I use XP (SP3) and I just had a look and I don't have that registry key. Have you tried deleting the key altogether?

Guess you have done this in reverse:
microsoft KB click here it says it is for W98se?
"To remove the Accounts option from the Tools menu:
Start Registry Editor (click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK).
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Outlook Express
On the right-hand side of page, double-click the No modify accts value.NOTE: If this value does not exist, on the Edit menu, click DWORD Value. Type No modify accts, and then press ENTER to save the name.

Change the setting of this value from 0 to 1, and then click OK.
Quit Registry Editor."

Daiol 22:06 14 Nov 2008

Yes i have windows xp pro with sp3 the accounts tab is not there,i want to replace the accounts tab i went into regedit and the the settings was set to 0 (zero)can you make any idea from that.I have uninstalled sp3 in the past 2 hours to see if it did make any difference to the registry in oe6 but the accounts tab still anit there under tools menu.Also since removing sp3 when i scroll down or up with the mouse it dont go as it used to now it jumps as if its rolling down the screen.Thanks any thoughts please.daiol.

lotvic 22:46 14 Nov 2008

As you have uninstalled SP3, I think you should now uninstall IE7
and then reinstall SP3
and then download and install IE7

This should update your Outlook Express as per click here (blogs.msdn.com - microsoft)

mouse - I did know how to fix that, am trying to remember - it was a long time ago, lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017