Outlook Express 6

Jaro 00:15 01 Oct 2006

hi just would like to know is it posible to set up the same account in Outlook Express on two diferent comps receave and sent messages ?

and if yes how to set it up so if u download messages on one pc they still will be available to download on another one ?

Jaro 01:17 01 Oct 2006

please anybody ?

Nosmas 01:24 01 Oct 2006

I imagine that it will be possible to set up the same account on two different computers, and sending I don't think would present any problems. However once a message has been downloaded I am pretty sure that it is deleted on the server from which it was downloaded and therefore is no longer available to download a second time.

Just my thoughts, but i have had no practical experience of doing what you want to do.

Eric10 11:50 01 Oct 2006

Normally the first PC that logs onto the email account will download all messages and they are then deleted from the server. To prevent this you need to do the following on BOTH computers.

Open Outlook Express and go to Tools, Accounts and click the Mail tab. If you have more than one account on the PC make sure that the correct one is selected and click the Properties button and then click the Advanced tab. At the bottom of the next dialogue box put a tick in the box labelled 'Leave a copy of messages on the server'. You can then set a number of days before the messages are deleted. Once this is done on both computers they will both receive all of the emails.

Taff™ 17:28 01 Oct 2006

If you have different ISP`s for each computer you need to set the SMTP (Outgoing) Server to suit the relevant ISP for your connection. It might help if you described the circumstances you want to work in with this setup and we may be able to offer more relevant advice.

Taff™ 17:29 01 Oct 2006

That`s in addition to Eric10`s advice which is perfectly correct!

Jaro 17:49 01 Oct 2006

thank you very much for your help guys will try it tomorrow and will post back

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?