outlook express

sunny staines 10:43 15 Jan 2008

just recently everytime i close outlook express Iget a reminder dialog box pop up asking to compact the messages, which i click cancel to clear the box.

How do I prevent this reminder box poping up, had a look around options but cannot sus this one any ideas please anyone.

Stuartli 12:13 15 Jan 2008

The only way is to clear out the folders involved with a large number of messages or to just compact the messages.

birdface 12:16 15 Jan 2008

I found it better just to accept it.Then you don't get that message all the time.Mind you I normally use Incredimail nowadays.Anyhow that does not answer your question.I hope you get the advice that you need.

sunny staines 12:16 15 Jan 2008

stuartli

its looking like that, I just thought there my be a way to disable the warning.

VCR97 19:34 15 Jan 2008

It does this after (I think) every one-hundred uses of OE. You can't stop it, as far as I know, and it will keep reminding you until you accept it. Don't try to use the computer whilst it is compacting.

sunny staines 19:44 15 Jan 2008

what does compacting actually do with the emails are they still visible and available to open ok?

or are they archived off to some remote folder somewhere?

VoG II 19:49 15 Jan 2008

When you delete a message in OE it isn't actually deleted, just flagged as deleted so it doesn't appear in the list. Compacting removes these entries that are just wasting space. Your OE folders should open more quickly for one thing.

sunny staines 19:51 15 Jan 2008

thanks all i think i have the picture now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone