Outlook Express

Chas49 21:52 11 Jan 2008

I have just installed the BT Hub on my XP computer - much to my surprise I got it working, both on my desktop and laptop! Everything is OK - range covers the whole house. But.... OE6, which worked fine before, has thrown a wobbly! Messages are received and sent OK - however, when I click on a link within a message - the program freezes and I have to use the three finger salute to leave OE. I'v never come across this before - has anyone else?

Chas49 23:21 11 Jan 2008

anyone?

Chas49 16:14 12 Jan 2008

Have tried Thunderbird as an alternative - the same problem is experienced with that - proving, I suppose, that whatever the reason for this problem it does not lie in the email programs?

However, the same problem does not exist when viewing my btinternet emails in the BT Yahoo browser - not the hotmail messages in Windows Live -curiosity has been aroused and I wonder why this fault should appear after going wireless.

TopCat® 16:26 12 Jan 2008

here's a website that maybe well be worth checking out for answers. TC. click here

Chas49 17:22 12 Jan 2008

Thanks Topcat - a useful link.

I will ring BT Broadband Help - see if they have a clue as to how to cure it - it must be in the hub software somwhere - though why it picks on OE and Thunderbird and not BT Yahoo or MSN beats me!

TopCat® 18:08 12 Jan 2008

Don't forget the links to various forums at that site. Others may have experienced similar problems as you. Hope you get things sorted soon. TC.

Chas49 20:30 12 Jan 2008

Thanks Topcat

Chas49 18:01 13 Jan 2008

Google searchbar doesn't work either .

Chas49 18:13 13 Jan 2008

Correction: The google search Toolbar does work - it is a small 'googler' attached to a docking bar which doesn't. Other items on that docking bar are all OK.
So it appears that it is only some of the programs which link to the 'net freeze the BT Yahoo Browser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?