outlook express

Daiol 12:29 28 Jun 2007

hi,can i have some help please,since i came back form holidays i opened my oe page and have lost all my sub folders the only ones that are there are inbox outbox sent & delete box, i had sub folders for my son my wife etc in which i saved all their emails have tried system restore but no joy an i have HELP please,

Batch 12:41 28 Jun 2007

Any chance someone has been using your PC whilst you've been away?

Daiol 12:43 28 Jun 2007

NO Definitly not nobody else lives here only me and mrs.

beeuuem 13:16 28 Jun 2007

If you do a search for 'dbx' files it will list all OE folders and tell you where they are stored if they are still on the computer.

Daiol 15:23 28 Jun 2007

Hi,I typed the dbx into search but nil came up 'nothing'any further help please.

recap 15:31 28 Jun 2007

Look in your Store folder for the .dbx files. The store folder can be found C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{long number}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

Sheik Yerbouti 15:32 28 Jun 2007

click here

Might be something that can help you here..

Sheik Yerbouti 15:37 28 Jun 2007

click here

click here

click here

Maybe something here.

Daiol 17:48 28 Jun 2007

Been digging around and in my program folder/outlook express the folders are there bu they dont show when i open oe page it only has inbox etc,none of the subfolders now how do i get then back into oe to show when i open mo oe.

Batch 19:13 28 Jun 2007

1. Make a backup of the folders (dbx files) that are "missing" to another device (e.g. another disk, a pen drive or a cd/dvd)

2. Rename the above-mentioned dbx files. E.g if you have a folder named fred.dbx rename it to fred.xxx

3. In OE recreate the missing folders (they'll be empty at this stage, but don't worry). Then exit OE

4. Delete the folders (dbx files) that you have create in 3. above.

5. Rename the pukka dbx files (e.g. rename fred.xxx to fred.dbx)

6. Re-open OE and you should then be able to see the contenst of the pukka OE folders (dbx files).

Batch 19:35 28 Jun 2007

In fact I'd suggest that you make a complete back-up of the directory that contains the .dbx files before you start.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017