Outlook Express

thumbscrew 00:14 31 Mar 2007

Anyone experiencing problems sending e-mails in Outlook Express today? Mine's playing up...error messages when I click send.

Belatucadrus 01:38 31 Mar 2007

What ISP are you using ?

thumbscrew 08:31 31 Mar 2007

Hello there...Tiscali

brundle 08:33 31 Mar 2007

tiscali service status page;
click here

thumbscrew 09:27 31 Mar 2007

Thanks both, particularly interesting was the Tiscali service page....how do I access that in future?
What's happening with my OE is,I can send a few e-mails without problems,then one will freeze and I ge an error message. All I can do then is delete it from the outbox where it seems to be stuck, resend it and it then usually goes????

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:44 31 Mar 2007

Check your setup click here

to access again in the future just add to Favouites or bookmark.

thumbscrew 10:08 31 Mar 2007

Thanks Fruit Bat, checked them....all correct.

thumbscrew 09:43 03 Apr 2007

Still getting the error message every few attempts. Message says Server has ended connection. If I delete from Outbox and try again, it goes...anyone help/

Belatucadrus 10:41 03 Apr 2007

Not an answer as such, largely as I can't tell where the problem is. But you could try using Thunderbird, see if the problem repeats itself using another e-mail program click here

thumbscrew 20:16 03 Apr 2007

Evening Belatucadrus and thanks for the reply. Would you know if I can run Thunderbird and OE simultaneously? Also (Because it could be a Server problem), if I eventually remove Thunderbird will all my settings revert to OE as before?

birdface 20:32 03 Apr 2007

I can run Incredimail and Outlook Express,But of course you can only have one as default mail handler,So you should be ok with Thunderbird,Your settings will stay with Outlook,Just make it your default mail handler ,And you are back.May be worth holding on to Thunderbird.In case outlook still does not work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017