outlook express

hgrock 13:05 14 Aug 2006

hi folks
Does anyone have any ideas why my outlook express starts up each time i boot my PC i dont use it, it started recently, it is not listed in the startup items or in the registry Run items, yet it starts, it's got me beat. help!

howard63 21:18 14 Aug 2006

have you looked in start - run - msconfig - top right startup tab. Go down the list and see if outlook express is listed. If it is take the tick out of the left hand box. Reboot your pc and then put a tick in the box on the left to not be reminded each time you log on.

hgrock 23:18 14 Aug 2006

howard63
i have done all that, looked in the registry, and startup folder, everywhere a progran gets its command i think it may be a spyware or worm

xania 09:10 15 Aug 2006

Also check for a folder called 'Start-up' in any of the folders in <Documents and Settings> and see if there's a shortcut there.

hgrock 14:07 15 Aug 2006

xania
done all that mate as i mentioned above, looked in all the usual places (sound like a song)sorry

xania 15:47 15 Aug 2006

A couple of thoughts. Take a look at your win.ini file and see if there's a run command there. If that fails, try loading windows a step at a time and see at what stage OE is loaded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?