outlook express

thesut 10:42 02 Aug 2006

i have accidently blocked some contacts in my e mail account i am unsure how to unblock them and i am also receiving some emails that go directly to the deleted items folder how can i stop this and get them to go direct to my inbox? thanks

Hertz Van Rentyl 10:56 02 Aug 2006

In O/S go to tools/options and then the general and security tabs and make changes

thesut 11:13 02 Aug 2006

where in there does it allow you to unblock and reasign email to inbox

rawprawn 11:19 02 Aug 2006

Highlight the message in question Click "Message" at the top then Create a Rule.

thesut 11:29 02 Aug 2006

which rule do i create to reasign emails to inbox? it seems to want me to create a new folder

rawprawn 11:41 02 Aug 2006

Tick Where the from line contains people, then Tick Move it to a specified folder, then choose your Inbox if thats where you want them to go.. I don't know if this is the correct way as I don't use OE but it should work. You can try it anyway. and you can always change it back if it's not what you want

Crunchy 11:45 02 Aug 2006

You probably have a mail rule set up to redirect to your deleted folder.

Look in Tools/Message Rules/Mail for it.

thesut 11:47 02 Aug 2006

thank you for your help guys its sorted.I stumbled across it Tools-message rules-mail close that box that brings up another box which allows you to unblock senders and stops emails going direct to deleted items.

rawprawn 11:53 02 Aug 2006

Thanks for that, even though I don't use it it's good to know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?