Outlook express

AngusA 13:47 03 Jan 2006

Outlook express problems.
I am able to recieve all e-mails thru outlook express however I am unable to open any message I am also unable to create a message In both cases I get an error message "there was an error opening this message an error has occured"
I have a new computer (sept 05) which came complete with outlook express installed but without disks. The sony support centre were unable to help. On the first attempt I get a message saying "The address book failed to load outlook express is incorrectly configured please re-install" but without disks this is not possible. The computer also came with a trial version of office 2003 which I am unable to remove from the computer as I cannot afford the cost of this program and prefer to use office 2000 for which I have the required disks. How do I remove office 2003, perhaps this is causing the problems.
The computer has the latest version of norton antivirus.

Help!!!!

regards

rawprawn 13:53 03 Jan 2006

click here To repair Outlook Express, and you can uninstall Office 2003 using Add/Remove programs in Control Panel.

rawprawn 13:56 03 Jan 2006

Sorry You don't have your XP Disc, you should at least have a recovery Disc, and if it is a Sony Computer bought in September 05 they should help.

Inside Edge 13:36 10 May 2006

Hi,

I see your problem is resolved, but I'd be very grateful if you could indicate how you resolved it - was it via the link provided by Rawprawn? ..or did you get hold of a recovery disc ? I have exactly the same problem and it might save me starting a new thread.

many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?