outlook express

xmas 16:47 04 Nov 2003

can anybody tell me if it is possible to transfer my email addresses to a floppy then transfer them back after i have put my computer back to factory setting and reloaded windows me back on. also can i save my favorites and do the same.

for your own e-mail adresses just write the details of the accounts on a piece of paper if you think you will forget, the windows address book and your favourites folder can be saved to a floppy and imported again.

powerless 17:02 04 Nov 2003

For your favs click here

Contacts - Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Address Book

File, Export, Address Book (.wab) Save it to floppy

Then do the same but Import when the settings have reloaded.

beeuuem 17:14 04 Nov 2003

For your mail account(s) click Tools| Accounts. For each account, click once on the account name, click Export. Choose the destination folder and filename which can be on a floppy
The account settings are stored as file type *.iaf. You can later import an *.iaf file using the Import button under Tools| Accounts.
This will save all the settings and passwords.

Laurie 18:15 09 Nov 2003

MY incoming email contents are being censored with this message appearing 'OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail' I have not instructed OE to do any such thing What can I do to stop this intrusion. MY Virus detector does not find any thing wrong. Laurie

VoG II 18:26 09 Nov 2003

In OE, Tools/Options, Security tab and take the tick out of the block attachments box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?