Outlook Expess for Sky B Band

Capital Idea 19:25 01 Oct 2006

I posted this previously but the subject line was a little missleading....

Just changed to Sky broad band - BB seeems to be working fine on my account

Old e-mail accounts dating back to Freeserve seem to be able to down load mails but not send, I get:

"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Wanadoo Admin
Account', Server: 'smtp.freeserve.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

Does this mean I can no longer send on the old e-mail adresses and need to change to Sky.com adresses? What should my settings be?

Im sort of used to outlook express so was hoping to keep using it.

Any one got any advice?

Many THanks in advance

VoG II 19:28 01 Oct 2006

You need to set the Freeserve account SMTP setting to the Sky broadband one.

ACOLYTE 19:35 01 Oct 2006

If you have changed from Freeserve to sky bb,then the old email addy wil not be any use,unless you asked freeserve if you can still use that email name and send emails some let you other's charge for it.

mikef. 19:47 01 Oct 2006

If it's the same as when I left freeserve a few years ago you will no longer be able to send any emails using them, and you will have to send through your new new Sky address, you will, as you've found out, still be able to recieve from them.

This seems agood time to get used to your new address, which should be spam free.

Capital Idea 20:56 09 Oct 2006

Probably obvious to everyone else but the key I was missing is....
Sky use your "user Name" (that they give you) as your email i.e. user = BillyBlue the e-mail must be [email protected] - if using Sky B'band you cant change this.
What you can do is create another identity with your required e-mail with a unique password but again e-mail must match user + @Sky.com.
PS.Sky mail server settings are POP.SKY.COM and SMTP.SKY.COM
Hope this may assist someone else!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?