Outlook error message

griffo 10:10 30 Aug 2006

I often get the following message, when Outlook does Send/Receive:-

Task 'my email account name - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210E) : 'Your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another e-mail message is being delivered to it or another mail application is accessing it. The server responded: -ERR [IN-USE] failed to lock or parse or multiple access'

Just to make clear, I've inserted the words 'my email account name'.

Anyone know why this keeps happening please?

sil_ver 10:26 30 Aug 2006

This any help? click here

griffo 10:37 30 Aug 2006

thanks - interesting but doesn't really refer anywhere to the problem I'm having. It's more to do with 'sending' problems, rather than 'receiving', which is what my problem is. Thanks again for responding, this link will, no doubt, prove useful at times.

sil_ver 09:59 01 Sep 2006

I can vaguely remember something to the effect that your mailbox at the server end can become blocked by an incoming mail that is either to big or is corrupted or something along those lines. I believe it is possible to clear it but can't remember how. Not much help but may trigger a response from the more knowledgeable.

griffo 10:41 04 Oct 2006

this is still happening on a fairly frequent basis and it's most inconvenient as it's my business email address. None of my colleagues, who share the domain address have this problem. Also, I can't log in to Mail2web when this is happening either??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017