Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review
Hi - any help appreciated as Microsoft offer none unless I pay them vast quantities of money (and my software is only a couple of months old)!
I open my emails using Outlook 2010 (on a system using Windows). However, whilst opening one of my email addresses at work today via Talk Talk webmail, having had weeks of prompting me to change my password I stupidly decided I would. I can still access my emails via the Talk Talk page, but this is is not ideal as I like to save them and perhaps forward them from my Outlook address book, however, I can no longer get them in Outlook. I have tried to change my settings to the new password, but I keep getting the error message 623 - system could not find phone book entry. All my research points to remedies for dial-up email and Outlook 2003, but I use broadband (I did try and change the connection as it suggests buy no joy). Talk Talk tell me Microsoft is not always compatible and may have updated, but I know no updates have happened since I got home, and I can still receive emails from the address I didn't change the password to
Thanks in advance for any advice (I don't want to re-configure Outlook as I have had to do this when I first got this computer a couple of months ago and it was a nightmare to do - still haven't been able to access one of my email addresses since then!)
As you tried at work I suspect your employers security / servers are causing the problem.
Do you mean something may have happened to my settings that I can't see? Can I do anything about it?
I just changed my passwords again using the Webmail page of Talk Talk and tried again in Outlook, but still get the same message.
I suspect that you have a vpn at work see this MS Support Error 623
Hi. Thanks for the above. I have had a look but my system at home doesn't have the steps shown in the link. I can get to Network but there is no choice for VPN; if I select the option to Connect to a Network, it just tells me I am connected by Network - Internet Access.
I have logged into the email account via web access and strangely there are a couple of the test messages Outlook sent there, so it must be seeing something! Just tried again and it sending the Outlook test message, but I get the message Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
Double check all of your settings - outgoing and incoming.
On account settings - more settings and on the advanced tab adjust the server timeout to about 4 and half minutes.
Still no joy. Am using Outlook 2010's search for the email and it can't find it either encrypted or unencrypted. I have had this problem with an old email address when I got my new computer a couple of months ago - Outlook 2010 doesn't seem to like some email addresses. Since I don't use that one anymore I gave up trying, but this is one I use a lot and it would be a nightmare to try and alert everyone to a new email address.
Have just recreated the email address and it found it unencrypted - it has put in the 20 emails I knew were waiting, but it has put them in a separate folder, rather than arriving all together as they used to in Outlook 2007. I will persevere! Thanks for your help.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.