Outlook error Cannot read reminders

Stressed Mum 12:43 01 Dec 2006

using Outlook 2003. Really been fine up unitl last few weeks. Each time I open Outlook now I get an error message saying that there was a problem reading some of the reminders and they may not appear as they cannot locate the recurrence information. I have checked as thoroughly as possible all diary notes with reminders and they all seem fine. Any ideas how I can clear this error - very annoying receiving it all the time and worrying too that I may have missed an appointment reminder!! (Bring back the Filofax!!) Any help appreciated. SM:(

VoG II 12:50 01 Dec 2006

Try Detect and Repair on the Help menu.

Stressed Mum 13:00 01 Dec 2006

Hi VoG. Thanks - tried that one already - but just running it again now to see.

Stressed Mum 13:04 01 Dec 2006

Nope! Unfortunately still getting error. Also recive a balloon message saying Outlook operation failed!

VoG II 12:09 02 Dec 2006

I'm not sure but click here might sort it.

I would make a backup click here before running that tool.

Stressed Mum 20:32 13 Dec 2006

Finally managed to sort it! Would appear after hours and hours of searching for help that I had a corrupted reminder hidden away somewhere - which was found simply by listing all reminders and opening them one by one until you come across one that won't open - and there it is - delete it and reset it. Ok for those who only have a small number of reminders - but would be difficult for someone who had loads! If anyone else needs help with this see this link :-

click here

Although this is for outlook 98 – apply same rules – you may not find the addresses are exactly the same – but simply pull up all your reminders in one window – double click to open. If it doesn’t open – then there’s your problem!! Delete it and reset it.

VoG II 20:35 13 Dec 2006

I'm glad that you got it sorted and thanks for posting the solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?