outlook error 0x8042108 - 554 relay access denied

Papa Goose 23:37 17 Aug 2008

Hi all,

I have Office 2003 Pro and the Outlook was working fine on my desktop runing XP for my gmail & orange.fr email accounts. I installed it onto my Vista laptop, and it was working ok on that machine also. I did some Office updates on Friday, and at the same time deleted MS Works off both machines as I never used it.

Outlook then stopped sending mails to either account but would recieve, I deleted the accounts and added them again and after a weekend of swearing have got Outlook runing in and out with Orange, but gmail will receive but still not send. I've gone over the config' from the gmail settings no end of times and nothing on either machine. When i do the test account setting on the vista machine it ticks all the boxes and sends the test mail, but the XP machine says there is no interenet connection when ther is 'coz orange mils are coming in?????

Could any all star out there please help as it's sending me nucking futs!! Oh and I have low techy skills so please be gentle;-)

Cheers

Dragon_Heart 20:22 19 Aug 2008

Sounds like you have the wrong settings in your Outlook program !

If using Outlook Express :-
Tools
Accounts
Properties
Servers

In mine both the Incoming mail (POP3) and Outgoing mail (SMTP) use the same setting

mail.ISP Name.net

You may need to contact your Internet Service Provider for the correct settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?