Outlook - Contacts Folder

Tugum 23:44 17 Feb 2008

After doing a reinstallation of XP SP2 & Office Professional, I copied my Outlook (Not Express) backup .pst file into Outlook & everything, emails, tasks & contacts appeared to be ok. However, when I select ‘To’ to insert addresses from my Contacts into a new email, I get the message that the folder could not be opened or it had been moved or deleted. But if I click on the contacts folder in the Outlook Shortcuts column, all of my contacts are correctly displayed.

Everything else is working OK

rawprawn 09:32 18 Feb 2008

Try Detect and Repair under Help (I assume that you have the disc)

recap 11:10 18 Feb 2008

In Outlook, Tools/Options/Data Files.../Mail Setup, click the 'Settings' button and ensure that the file path is correct for the storage of your .pst files

Tugum 18:35 18 Feb 2008

VMT for the responses.
I followed the instructions on Betas’s link but got the message ’The account or directory already exists & cannot be specified’. However, the next set of instructions to right click on Contacts in Outlook & Select Properties, Outlook Address Book & check that the ‘Show folder as an e-mail address book’ box was selected identified the problem; my box was not checked/ticked.
Considering the time & the number of avenues that I investigated to try & solve this problem, I find it hard to believe that I failed to right click on the Contacts (KISS).
Again VMT for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires