outlook connector error

wildrover 09:17 18 May 2009

Hello. For the past month I have been having outlook synch problems - regularly getting an outlook connector error message: "We were unable to sign into your account. Outlook Connector has encountered an error. Please restart Outlook. If the issue continues, open the Control Panel, click Add/Remove Programs, and repair Outlook Connector." The problem is solved by repairing Outlook Connector (restarting Outlook has no effect) but I then get the error message a couple of days later. This has been going on for about a month and seems to be happening more regularly.

Outlook 2007, Windows Vista

crosstrainer 10:07 18 May 2009

First steps:

Download, update and run the following:

click here

And

click here

Run both of these free tools, and if no infection is reported, then post back.

mfletch 12:56 18 May 2009

Try removing the connector in add or remove programs and download a new one and install it

click here

wildrover 14:37 18 May 2009

many thanks to both of you.

crosstrainer: Have run both tools and removed lots of adware.

mfletch: If I get the error message again I will do that.

wildrover 21:47 30 Jun 2009

Hi. I've tried both the suggestions but am still getting the error. It did appear to improve after removing the adware, and also after re-installing the connector. I also thought a bacup programme (i-sure) might be interfering with it so uninstalled that. I then didn't have the problem for a few days but it is now back with a vengance and I get the error message almost every time I start outlook.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone