Outlook Calendar booting

Matata 14:35 12 Aug 2009

I have the professinal edition of M/S Office 2000 and very much use its calandar in outlook. Can I make the reminder appear automatically when I boot my P/C instead of opening outlook first? If so, how do I set it up?

Pineman100 16:43 12 Aug 2009

It's a while since I've done this, so the following is a bit hazy, I'm afraid.

To create a reminder you need to set up a task (there should be a shortcut for this in your Outlook shortcut list). Once you've created the task, double-click on it and its window will open. You'll see that you have the opportunity to set up a reminder for the task, which will prompt you at whatever date/time you set.

If I remember correctly, any reminders that pass their allotted time while the computer is switched off will open up as soon as you boot up.

Forum Editor 17:14 12 Aug 2009

is that you would like to have Outlook start automatically when your computer boots, so that you'll see your reminders straight away - is that right?

You don't say which operating system you're using, so I'm going to assume it's Vista.

1. Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then click Microsoft Office.

2. In the list of available Office programs, right-click the Outlook icon and select 'Copy' on the shortcut menu that appears.

3. Go to the 'All Programs' list, right-click on the Startup folder, and select 'Explore' from the menu that appears.

4. When the window opens, click 'Organise', and then click 'Paste'.

The next time you start your computer, Vista will automatically load Outlook for you, and you'll see your reminder.

Matata 17:28 12 Aug 2009

Thank you for yr reply.Yes,I would like the reminder in outlook to start automatically when my computer boots.The O/S I use is XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?