OUTLOOK BACKUP

alt 10:07 03 Jun 2004

Hi, I have just purchased a laptop running windows xp.home I want to transfer all the outlook backup files on to it from my desktop PC which is also running xp home. Both machines will not be networked. I am running outlook NOT outlook express....Thanks Sandra

Smiler 10:10 03 Jun 2004

You could copy them to a rw-cd disc. Then copy from the disc to laptop.

alt 10:13 03 Jun 2004

Hi Smiler, I think I tried this before and couldn't figure out a way to do it. Do you know how, I need step by step instructions because I am not very good with comps......Thanks Sandra

Smiler 10:21 03 Jun 2004

I'm afraid I use outlook express. In this you go to file-import-messages then click on type of message (in your case outlook) to import. But I don't know if this is the case with outlook.

Anyone out there help please.

Retired Hurt 10:40 03 Jun 2004

Most Outlook info is stored in a file called outlook.pst. by default, I believe it is stored in the Windows folder. You could email it to yourself - eg send it as an attachment from the desktop and collect it on the laptop.
Then copy the attachment from the email by saving it so as to overwriting the original outlook .pst file on your laptop. Only down side is the file will be several Megabytes in size - a long message to send if you don't have broadband. Write to a disk as smiler suggests is the alternative. Good luck

alt 10:52 03 Jun 2004

thank you :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?