Outlook Archive Password

Dirty Dick 13:40 28 Mar 2007

I am running Outlook 2003 and an "Enter Password" dialogue box has just started popping up. It says "The backup archive you have chosen is password-protected. To access this backup archive you must enter the password."

I have never had to enter a password before, and can'e get rid of the dialogue box. I try to close it, but it just re-appears.

Anybody know how to deal with this?

Thanx

DD

Dirty Dick 22:44 28 Mar 2007

bump

Peter Bee 12:34 10 Apr 2007

I have just received the same message when carrying out a search for a file on my PC.
Again I have never had this before.

xtremx 12:19 12 Apr 2007

Have been searching the net for an answer to this problem myself and have been able to fix the problem on my computer.

I had just installed a program Acronis Disk Backup Software and it looks like that has caused the problam with my computer, removed it and I can search for any file with out the Password box coming up.

So if you have installed any back up software on your computer in the last few days that could be the problem.

Hope this helps

Peter Bee 13:47 29 Apr 2007

Thanks xtremx
I have got Acronis True Image installed, so that could be the problem. I'll check it out & report back. May need to download the latest build of Acronis

Peter Bee 00:31 30 Apr 2007

Upgraded to a later build of Acronis TI & got a different error message !!
It seems that there is a bug in version 10 which creates a problem when "Search" tries to look at a tib file. I gather Acronis are working on it.
A work-around is to make tib files "hidden" under the file properties & search then ignores them & so no error message appears & search completes.
Peter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?