Outlook ~ any ideas what may be wrong

wee eddie 14:50 04 Sep 2010

I have been using Outlook since about '96 to download my mail from the ISP's address, as well as a storage point of all information I have on those on my contact list. So changing Client is not an option.

Of late, the last 2 weeks or so, I have been having problems with my ISP's e-mails.

Sometimes, when I turn the PC, and then Outlook, on. My mail downloads without problem.

Other times I get a pop-up saying that it cannot find the Mail Server, throughout the session. There are no other Internet problems and I can access my mail by Logging directly into my Account.

Any ideas. At present I am tempted to let sleeping dogs lie. I spoke to my ISP and they are of the opinion that it is M$'s fault.

Kevscar1 15:32 04 Sep 2010

What downloads installs did you do the day it stopped working OK.
Can you restore to a point where it all worked.

wee eddie 15:43 04 Sep 2010

No Installations that I know of.

I have tried a Restoration, to before I remember it's first happening, and it still goes on.

birdface 15:52 04 Sep 2010

I know Virginmedia has been updating it's e-mail section and a few others have been doing the same.
Put it down to work in progress then start worrying if it gets any worse.
I get the odd one that pops up but try again and usually get in at the second attempt.
I have Incredimail and Windows live mail so can only put it down to my ISP I think as I get a bit of bother with both but nothing serious.

wee eddie 16:26 04 Sep 2010

but I shall go with "buteman's" supposition unless I get locked out for more than 48 hours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?