Outlook address book problems

osben 10:26 20 Apr 2008

Hi

Outlook 2002 Windows XP pro

When I go to send a new e-mail, I used to be able to click on "TO" to bring up my list of addresses in the address book and then click on the apropriate one.

Since I have reinstalled everything onto my new computer, whenever I do that, i get a message come up saying:
""The address list could not be displayed. The contact folder associated with this address list could not be opened, may have been moved or deleted"

When I click on the address book icon at the top or click on the "contact folder" it brings up the same message.

I know there are email addresses in the folder as I have put some there myself.

I know that there is a "contact" Folder there as it shows in the list of folders on the left of the outlook screen.

What has gone wrong. I have tried doing a "Detect and Repair" but this didn't help

I hope the above makes sense and if anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

regards

rawprawn 10:32 20 Apr 2008
  Taff™ 10:36 20 Apr 2008

Watching with interest because I have the same problem however the work round I use is to click on the address book icon to the left of th "TO:..." Then drop the box down where it says "Show names from the" and choose another Outlook Address Book - Strangely this brings up my current address book.

I think this is because I have restored the Outlook.pst file previously from a backup and something doesn`t quite register correctly. Annoying but not the end of the world.

Taff™ 10:38 20 Apr 2008

Interesting - I`ll try that later!

osben 09:19 21 Apr 2008

HI rawprawn

Thanks for the help. It did the job. Very easy when you know how isn't it!!!

Would you happen to know how I can seamlessy copy my contact addresses over from one computer to the other without any problems.

Thanks again
Regards

rawprawn 09:59 21 Apr 2008

Get Outlook backup click here save your Outlook Backup as a .PST file and export it to a pen drive.Install Outlook on your new computer and then import the .PST file
It is an excellent program in it's own right, I use it all the time as a backup in case thing go belly up.

rawprawn 10:02 21 Apr 2008

PS When you export you can export everything or just your Contacts.

osben 10:24 21 Apr 2008

Thanks rawprawn

I'll give it go.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?