OUTLOOK

xptosmtbd 08:40 18 Apr 2003
  VoG™ 08:48 18 Apr 2003

Click on "New" to create a new e-mail. In the new mail window click on the down arrow next to "Accounts" and select the one that you want to use.

xptosmtbd 09:04 18 Apr 2003

Hi, Thanks for your reply but I cant find "accounts" I am using Outlook and not Outlook express is this why?......

VoG™ 09:06 18 Apr 2003

In Outlook (XP, 2002) the Accounts button is the second from the left - Send, Accounts, ...

xptosmtbd 09:10 18 Apr 2003

No it isn't there I afraid. What to do now?? sorry to be a pain...

VoG™ 09:18 18 Apr 2003

Click New to create a new e-mail.

View/Toolbars and check that Standard is ticked.

If this doesn't bring up the Accounts button, View/Toolbars/Customize, select the Commands tab, in the left hand pane click on Standard - you should now see Accounts in the right hand pane. Click on Accounts, keep the mouse button pressed and drag the button onto any toolbar.

DieSse 09:24 18 Apr 2003

In Outlook, set up two email accounts - identical apart from the names you use in the email address field. Call one account Sandra, one account Val.

Then when you compose the email, and click Send - instead of clicking the Send button, click the pull-down arrow to the immediate right of it - then choose to send as Val or Sandra.

If you wish to, you can also set up a rule to sort your incoming mail into different folders - but that's a slightly different matter.

xptosmtbd 10:42 18 Apr 2003

Nearly there but it's now asking me for server information e.g. incoming mail server and outgoing mail server. Where can I find this information?....

DieSse 14:32 18 Apr 2003

In the account settings for the existing account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?