Outlook 365 Calendar Offline and Online

Newuser939 10:13 26 Sep 2014
Answered

I have recently started using Office 365 Home Premium and am gradually getting used to it. However, one thing I cannot work out is whether it is possible to use Outlook's calendar so that entries made on my computer at home in Outlook will also be visible online for when I am away. In addition, as far as I can see, it is only possible to get email reminders from the online calendar, so that if the offline Outlook calendar is used, I will only get reminders if I happen to be at my computer at the relevant time. I had assumed that in the same way as documents created with Word or Excel are available offline and online, the same would apply to my Outlook calendar, but perhaps that is not the case. Does anybody know whether (and if so, how) I can enter appointments in Outlook on my computer, and those appointments will then show up online.

Woolwell 12:27 26 Sep 2014
Answer

You have to use the Outlook.com calendar to achieve this.
This link slipstick should help. Your appointments etc have to be in the Outlook.com calendar that will be created in Outlook 2013 and you need to use that rather than the default calendar(s).

I use it for syncing with my W8 laptop but because I use iCloud I do not get auto syncing as I cannot autosync between iCloud and the Outlook.com calendar. Your

Newuser939 08:34 27 Sep 2014

Woolwell,

Thank you for that guidance. I think I have it all set up as I wanted now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?