Outlook 2010 Synchronisation

rts2 18:04 15 Jan 2011

I have just started to use Microsoft Outlook 2010 on my new Windows 7 computer. (The Computer was built to my spec by Arbico Computers here in the UK). I have Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Business Edition on my machine. When Outlook loads I get the following error message:- "Outlook Synchronization is not a valid Office Add-In"
Once I click "OK" to acknowlege the message, Outlook appears to work happily and sends and receives e-mail messages from my ISP, which is Orange in the UK.
What does this message mean please and how can I stop it appearing each time?

john bunyan 18:07 15 Jan 2011

This may apply click here(Was for Office 2000)

john bunyan 18:12 15 Jan 2011

Not to do with an iPod or iPhone?
click here

rts2 11:22 20 Jan 2011

Thanks John for your suggested link. Although it related to Outlook 2000 it did enable me to disable the add-in. But relief was only temporary, because the next time I opened Outlook 2010 the error message was back - and so clearly was the rouge add-in.

Any other suggestions for eliminating this problem would be much appreciated

robin

Woolwell 12:20 20 Jan 2011

Try running MS Office Diagnostics to see if there isa problem with the installation.

rts2 17:42 20 Jan 2011

Thanks Woolwell for the suggestion.

Have gone through the Outlook Trust Centre and confirm that the option

"Download a file periodically that helps determine system problems" .... is already ticked.

Is that what you meant by MS Office Diagnostics?

robin

Woolwell 18:36 20 Jan 2011

Just realised that office diagnostics has been removed for 2010 version. But you can still repair click here

rts2 15:17 21 Jan 2011

Thanks Woolwell for your continuing interest.

Took up your suggestion about letting MS Office repair itself. Software went through the routine successfully, but when I loaded Outlook again, I got the same error message about Sychronisation!

Quite a persisent little add-in this one!

robin

Woolwell 15:29 21 Jan 2011

I don't run 2010 but what is your anti-virus? Wondering if it is an e-mail scan.

Is there anything obvious in the trust center list of add-ins? Or indeed anything that shouldn't be there?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?