Outlook 2007 - toolbar/layout config will not save

2drewej 23:23 17 Apr 2008

Hi , ive just got outlook 2007 on my second computer and transferred my email profile (with all my emails etc) onto it.
Im trying to change the layout which i can do successfully , however as soon as i close the program and open it up again it just reverts back to the old layout for some reason....

is there any reason for this?

thanks.

rawprawn 08:08 18 Apr 2008

Can you be more specific, Do you mean "Customize Outlook Today" or "To Do Bar" or what else?

2drewej 10:12 18 Apr 2008

well its basically the toolbars at the top of the screen,even if i click on 'delete toolbar' it still comes back after a restart, Also if i drag anything into 'favourite folders' the content still dissappears after a restarting outlook?

rawprawn 11:14 18 Apr 2008

Sorry I still don't understand, how can you click on "Delete Toolbar" or "Drag to Favourites" in Outllok 2007.
Perhaps I am being a bit thick this morning, but I just don't understand. Can you post a screen shot?

2drewej 16:05 18 Apr 2008

click here

ok i have taken a screenshot (see above link) the areas in red are the bits i am having trouble with.
im trying to remove the toolbars which i can do, but when i restart outlook they reappear again!

silmilar with the 'favourite folders', when i drag a folder in that section it will stay there, but when i restart outlook the contents dissappear.

thanks for youre help :)

rawprawn 16:09 18 Apr 2008

Try this, Right Click on the toolbar and Untick WEB and ADVANCED so that only STANDARD is ticked

2drewej 16:34 18 Apr 2008

thanks for the quick reply..

just tried that, which works (the toolbars dissppear) - but as soon as i restart outlook they reappear again!?

rawprawn 16:54 18 Apr 2008

OK, try Help > Office Diagnostics

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?