Outlook 2007 problems (still)

m800afc 21:03 03 May 2008

I have been obliged to do a clean re-install of XP Pro, and Office 2007. Before I did this I used the XP file transfer wizard to save files and settings. I also did a full backup using Acronis TI10.

All went reasonably well, but Outlook has not got my old emails, contacts and notes. I do not wish to use the full backup because I am worried that the problems leading to this re-install may be re-introduced to my system.

I am aware that some files are routinely saved by Outlook, such as .pst archives. Please can someone tell me where I should be looking in my directory heirarchy, and what these files may be called (ie the default filenames). I am hoping I can find these files and insert these files into the correct place in my new set-up.

Secondly, I am still unable to sync with my XDA Orbit pda. I have re-installed activeSync on both the computer and PDA, but this has not helped. I have re-saved the data files for the PDA under a new name elsewhere on my hard drive, so I think it may not be a conflict with old data files.

Should I try re-installing or "Repairing" Office 2007?
Thanks.

rawprawn 07:53 04 May 2008

Have a look here
drive:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?