Outlook 2007 Problem

J B 11:08 23 Jun 2007

Over the past week or two I have noticed that emails with attachments such as PowerPoint presentations, WMF, and Photo attachments stay in the out-box for considerable amount of time before they are sent. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so how do you fix it? I should add that I am trailing WLOC, I did have NIS 2007 but uninstalled it because it was giving me so many problems that I don't have any hair left. J.B.

VoG II 11:42 23 Jun 2007

Try increasing the Timeout value.

Tools > Account Settings, click on the name of the account, click Change button, click More Settings button, Advanced tab, drag the Server Timeouts handle to the right.

J B 12:07 23 Jun 2007

Ok, I will try that. I will leave the thread open for awhile. J.B.

Kingfisher 14:17 23 Jun 2007

I changed from NIS 2007 because it also gave me real grief, I now use AVG internet security suite,
but the email scanner does take some time to scan large file and attachments, what virus checker are you using

J B 10:34 24 Jun 2007

I am sorry about not answering sooner but something came up yesterday. Anyway, I have got a rather large file I have to send out so I will let you know how I get on.

I am using Microsoft Live OneCare an while it has no email scanner built in it does scan all incoming traffic for malicious files and quarantines them. J.B.

J B 10:08 25 Jun 2007

The file went out a little faster this time, will keep an eye on it though. J.B.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?