Outlook 2007, Message Rules & Problems

HappyTrucker 13:15 21 Dec 2008

Hi all.

I have Outlook 2007 installed on Vista Ultimate.I have one email address that I use for all my mail lists etc and as a result it gets very full on occasion.

I have set up rules for each 'sender' so that their emails are sorted into subfolders for easier recognition. My problem is that instead of moving the emails to the subfolders Outlook insists on only copying them. I've even tried selecting the 'move a copy to the specified folder' option just in case they've been incorretl flagged in the menu. No difference. So now I end up with duplicates of everything. Because I don't do this for every incoming email, just the more frequent ones, so I can't just highlight all the emails in the original inbox and delete them, I still have to sort through them to delete the right ones.

Any ideas?

rawprawn 14:00 21 Dec 2008

Sorry if this is what you have done already but, Tools> Rules & Alerts> Change Rule> Highlight "Move to Folder" You will have to do this for each one.

rawprawn 14:05 21 Dec 2008

Pressed too soon, after Clicking on "Move to Folder" then choose which folder (EG John)from the pop up and don't forget to Apply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?