Outlook 2007 with hotmail

Tracywt2 18:17 29 Apr 2009

Hi there,

I have Outlook 2007, and a hotmail account. I would like to be able to link my hotmail account to Outlook so I can manage my emails in that.

The wizard wouldn't let me do it and I tried to do it manually but this also fails.

Could someone please shed some light as to how I do this?

Dizzy Bob 18:21 29 Apr 2009

click here

explains it.

good luck

DB

Dizzy Bob 18:22 29 Apr 2009

sorry, should have said follow the link on the page, and install 'Office Outlook Connector'

DB

tonyq 19:12 29 Apr 2009

Tracywt2 try this.

Configuring Outlook 2007 to Work with Your Hotmail Account

If you are using Outlook 2007, follow these steps to configure a Hotmail Outlook connection:

1. In the Outlook main menu, click Tools, then Account Settings. This opens the Account Settings dialog box.

2. On the E-mail tabbed page, click New to launch the Add New E-mail Account wizard.

3. On the Choose E-mail Service screen, select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, then click Next.

4. On the Auto Account Setup screen, enter your name (as you want it to appear in the From field of messages) into the Your Name field.

5. Enter your full Hotmail e-mail address, which is your username followed by "@hotmail.com", in the E-mail Address field.

6. Enter your Hotmail password in the Password field.

7. Enter your Hotmail password again in the Retype Password field.

8. Click Next. Outlook connects to the Hotmail servers, and assuming you entered your account information correctly, after a moment it displays the Congratulations! screen.

9. Click Finish. Outlook creates your Hotmail folders. Your account is now configured.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?