Outlook (2007) crashes

rawprawn 10:20 09 Mar 2009

After I followed PCA Mag advice and deleted the big files (Not blaming them it could be something else) my Outlook is no longer usable. I can get it to load most times but if I try any command it crashes.First crash occurred trying to import a .pst file.
I have tried
System Restore
Acronis going back 1 week (Really strange that didn't work)
Uninstalled Office 2007 using Revo uninstall
and reinstalled twice with no luck.
I think tis has been caused by my Amic problem
click here
I have spent 2 days trying to fix it with no luck, I feel it must be a registry problem, but what??
Any suggestions warmly received.

Woolwell 16:01 09 Mar 2009

Have you tried scanpst to check that your pst file is not corrupted. Scanpst can be found in folder program files/microsoft office/office12.

rawprawn 16:24 09 Mar 2009

Thanks for the reply, I ran scanpst but when it asked which file I wasn't sure and I ended up scanning a backup .pst. The scan found errors and did a repair but obviously did not repair outlook.
Which file should I choose to scan to try and repair Outlook.
I appreciate your help, as this is new to me and I have run out of ideas.

rawprawn 16:30 09 Mar 2009

When I was trying to remove addins in safe mode I got a message that there was an error and the details were
App Name outlook.exe
Mod name olmapi32.dll
I have found a number of problems relating to olmapi on the web but haven't found a fix
Does this help at all?

Woolwell 16:33 09 Mar 2009

Which OS are you using? For Vista have a look in Username/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Outlook.

Woolwell 16:36 09 Mar 2009

Last post is to find the correct pst file which should be called outlook.pst

rawprawn 16:44 09 Mar 2009

I'm using Vista, I have just scanned the .pst file you suggested and repaired errors. Unfortunately Outlook still crashed. I will reboot and try again.

Woolwell 16:53 09 Mar 2009

It may be useful to try this

"How do I run Office Diagnostics if I can't run an Office program?
If necessary, you can run Office Diagnostics from the Start menu.

In Microsoft Windows, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office Diagnostics."

Taken from Outlook 2007 help.

rawprawn 16:55 09 Mar 2009

No difference after reboot. I have looked at the Outlook log and mostly this is what it says

!!Contents Table for 8082, row doesn't match sub-object:
irow = 1264, RowID = 2B5A64
I'm afraid I hacen't a clue on that.

rawprawn 17:06 09 Mar 2009

Yes, sorry I ran that yesterday. I have just run it again, and it said it had fixed 1 problem but it has made no difference.

Woolwell 17:22 09 Mar 2009

Getting to if not at the end of my knowledge. Could well be an addin or the pst file is corrupt. You could try creating a new Outlook profile and see if Outlook still crashes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?