Outlook 2003 Stripping Some Attachments

Jayar 12:01 05 Jan 2008

I have a problem with Microsoft Outlook 2003 stripping some attachments after downloading them. These are mostly attachments from one particular sender, who although in the UK has an aol.com email address In most cases they have may been forwarded to him somewhere between two and five times. Initially I check my received emails on my ISP website, and can see which have attachments. Outlook 2003 does download them, as I can see the download progress in the lower right corner of the window, but when the email(s) appear in the “Inbox” they are devoid of the attachment. Probably about 30% of the attachments I download with email from this source behave normally, the rest disappear!
I have been through the Microsoft knowledge Base procedure “Dealing with attachments in Microsoft Outlook” including the registry edit regarding Level One and Two file extensions to no avail, and cannot find any other relevant advice on the Internet.
None of these attachments are of the contentious type, they are usually just .jpg, jpeg, or .doc files – nothing like .exe or .bat.
Generally, attachments from other senders download and appear in the “Inbox” normally, it seems that just the one sender’s attachments are being pruned.
I am running Windows Vista Home Premium, Office 2003 (laptop).
I also have a PC with Windows XP Home SP2, running Office 2000. Outlook 2000 downloads and displays the same attachments correctly.
Any help will be gratefully received, and I wish to use the laptop (rather than PC) as my primary source for downloading email, but cannot do this until I can guarantee 100% attachment downloads and ability to open same on the laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?