Outlook 2003 signature is greyed out

PC_Qs 16:52 27 May 2008

Hi there,

I am having this problem where i cannot edit/change my outlook signature. I am using outlook 2003. It is only on one PC. All the other computers do not have this problem. The signature is greyed out and i cannot edit it.

There is a signature in place and the user has changed job title so therefore needs to change theirs signature. I can not get access to the signature section in tools>options>mail format>signature.

I have ran sypbot and ad aware and still no luck.

Please can anyone help!. Much appreciated

MAT ALAN 17:34 27 May 2008

you could check to see that the network administrator hasn't applied a policy setting that blocks signatures. To confirm, check the Windows registry, under :

HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office

PC_Qs 17:40 27 May 2008

Hi, i have started recently and i am the only person in the IT department. The thing is no-one else within the company have this problem.

And i have checked there is no policy in place as far as i can see from the regedit as described.

Any other thoughts? Is there an option is outlook 2003 that disable signatures?

recap 17:45 27 May 2008

Have you tried logging in as the Administrator?

PC_Qs 17:48 27 May 2008

As administrator? it's only on this particular user. If i log into as administrator i will get the admin settings and not the user with the problem settings.

VoG II 17:51 27 May 2008

Perhaps click here

PC_Qs 17:54 27 May 2008

VoG,

It is already set to none under stationery and font. I also tried setting it to blank but to no luck :(

MAT ALAN 18:03 27 May 2008

could try this

1. Open Outlook.
2. Open a new e-mail message.
3. Go to Tools -> Options.
4. On the General tab click the E-mail Options button on the bottom left.
5. Type in a name for the signature then setup the signature in the bottom
window

PC_Qs 18:07 27 May 2008

Hi Guys thanks for all the help.

I have found a solution now. You will need to delete first-run in the regedit and it will work.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone