outlook 2003, send and recieve problem.

Bigitb 13:02 25 Sep 2007

I use outlook 2003, our mails are managed and maintained by an outside company. Lately am not recieving any mails which my clients sent me. I contact the customer support of the outside company. They told me there is no problem at all with the mail server and they also confirmed that i have recived few mails, which they could see in the server. So they asked me to check my outlook configuration because they felt it should be the problem with my outlook configuration setting, but it proved to be wrong, the configuration were absolute alright. An technical person from the outside company came yesterday to office, checked everything, deleted my account,reconfigured it and told it will be alright from now on. But still no joy, from this morning the same problem, mo emails at all, so they have asked to use the webmail (same email account). Iam using webmail, i asked them when will the problem will sorted out, but they told me, they really don't what to do, because feel everything is alright.

So please if someone got any solution for this problem please reply soon.

Thanks in adavnce

DieSse 13:48 25 Sep 2007

Can you tell us exactly what you do, and what happens (with any messages you get), when you attempt to collect your mails please.

When you (in Outlook) select View - Current View from the toolbar, which option is ticked? (NB that's as from Outlook2000 - I'm presuming 2003 is the same or similar).

Bigitb 14:09 25 Sep 2007

Ok when someone sents email to me, it is recieved by the mail server, but it doesnt reach my outlook account. But the communication between my outlook and the server is alright.

Bigitb 14:09 25 Sep 2007

Recently when i checked the send and recieve in outlook 2003, this is th error which i got....

Task 'mail.mycompany.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: -ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!'

VoG II 14:44 25 Sep 2007

If you are running AVG, try turning off mail checking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?