Outlook 2003, problem sending emails

exdragon 21:23 28 Mar 2008

Hi, each time I open Outlook (not Outlook Express), the 'send/receive' dialogue at the bottom of the screen says it's sending 1 of 4 messages. It then stops and comes up with an error, telling me to contact my ISP.

I did this, but they ignored my question and merely told me to get the account validated by Yahoo - the messages were being sent from a sub account address. I'd already tried a test email from Outlook anyway and the Yahoo procedure said the address was ok too. I have all my emails forwarded from Yahoo to Outlook. I've since sent plenty of emails from this sub account without any problems.

It just seems as if they are stuck - any idea what the equivalent of a dose of Ex-Lax would be for Outlook? There's nothing that I can actually see to delete, and if I cancel send/receive, it simply repeats itself the next time I use it.

Thanks

Eric10 21:53 28 Mar 2008

Have you looked for them in the Outbox?

Jim_F 21:56 28 Mar 2008

I recently had this problem on a family PC - it turned out to be read receipts that had an invalid return address. click here

exdragon 22:10 28 Mar 2008

Eric10 - there's nothing in the outbox

Jim_F - I'll have a look at that, but I never ask fpr a read receipt as people can always ignore the request!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?