Outlook 2003 and network password again

exdragon 16:11 29 Nov 2010

Hi - I have three email addresses, all working perfectly last night but this morning, while having Outlook (not Express) open, I got the pop up box saying to enter my network password for two of the three accounts.

I've check the settings for the two problem accounts against the third - identical. I've deleted and created the two - but still no joy. Re-booted in between too. I've googled the problem, but the answers seem to range from 'Tick the box and the password will be remembered for evermore' to 'Do this in the registry' but I'm not going there.

Is there an idiot's guide on how to sort this out, please?

VoG II 16:13 29 Nov 2010

I would check your ISP's status page. I get exactly these symptoms when Virgin's e-mail servers are playing up.

exdragon 08:59 30 Nov 2010

I rang o2 and after about half an hour of trying different things with all three addresses, the chap I was speaking to gave me a few things to try and said he'd call me back. He did, and then spent about another half hour - I think he must have been checking with someone else about what to do, but give him his due, he did stick with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?