Outlook 2003. Mcafee error message

BELSEY 18:54 09 Dec 2003

On upgrading to XP I deleted Mcafee Utilities V4. (which is incompatible with XP) Everything (Office 2000) on my machine worked OK.

I have now upgraded to Office Standard 2003 which works fine other than on opening Outlook I get an error message stating that \Mcafee Utilities\ ZipExch.dll could not be installed or loaded.

Can anyone out there help. Please

mr gee 19:15 09 Dec 2003

one way to do it is you need to get rid of any reference to mcafee. --go to run type regedit in the box----when the reg. open press F3 and type mcafee in the search box then enter---any reference to mcafee it finds you can delete from the registry WARNING back up your registry first!!!!

Then re-boot

BELSEY 20:09 09 Dec 2003

Had already been into the registry as Mcafee / XP are so incompatible youy cannot delete through normal channels. However, following your response I tried again and found more "mcafee entries" which I have deleted. Three times I did a new search of the registry until it was finally mcafee free. Unfortunately, following a reboot I am still getting the same error message

BELSEY 22:05 09 Dec 2003

Thanks ßéLâ That seems to have done the trick. Lets hope thats the last I see of Mcafee.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?