Outlook 2003 downloading same emails repeatedly

ajm 23:02 14 Mar 2006

last few days I have seen that Outlook is downloading the same emails again and agian. After a while Outlook just stops responding and comes up with an error and I have to start again and the whole things loops.

I have checked the account settings and the setting for "keep messages on server" is not ticked.

Short of re-installiing Outlook again, is there any suggestions?

Giggle n' Bits 23:08 14 Mar 2006

which windows, who is your ISP and is there any network involved.

Have you ran a virus scan.

johnnyrocker 23:15 14 Mar 2006

best bet go to webmail and edit your in box then you will only get the ones you want and should solve your prob.

johnny.

ajm 23:24 14 Mar 2006

Windows XP Home SP2. ISP Wanadoo. No network involved. Machine is a standalone connected to a Netgear Router wired.

johnnyrocker: Yes have done that, but to no avail.

A temporary solution that has been set up is disabling send/receive in Outlook 2003 and configured Outlook Express as the email client. Repeated emails not coming anymore.

Did a search for the problem on google and came across the expertsexchange website, but have to be a subscriber to view the solution
click here

octal 07:09 15 Mar 2006

"Did a search for the problem on google and came across the expertsexchange website, but have to be a subscriber to view the solution"

No you don't, just scroll down the page and the answers are listed at the bottom. There doesn't seem to be a resolution there anyway.

Dirty Dick 09:52 15 Mar 2006

...only just the other day. I am with BTYahoo (Old BT Openworld). I logged onto the webmail, and deleted from the server. SOLVED !!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?