Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8
Can anyone help with this, please - It's driving me mad!
Outlook 2003 has taken to crashing regularly, for no apparrent reason, since I applied the latest set of Office updates. I would remove them but add/remove programs says "this update cannot be removed"
I've run detect & repair on Outlook, but it hasn't made any difference.
The problems are as follows:
1. Outlook 2003 will sometimes close for no obvious reason. Looking at Task Manager, the application has gone but the Outlook.exe process continues to run for some time & has to be killed in order to restart outlook. This happens whether the PC is being used for other tasks, or has just been left for a while.
2. If I attempt to add an attachment to an e-mail, outlook will allow me to get as far as selecting the attachment but as soon as I click on [Insert] outlook closes (application & process)
3. Outlook usually (but not always) crashes if I launch Internet Explorer
For info, I am running Windows XP Home edition, Office 2003 Professional & McAfee Internet Security. All the current Windows & Office updates have been applied - the latest office updates (which can't be removed) are "MSSP3MFR 6424"; "WINWORD 6502" & "Junk e-mail filter (KB094384): OUTLFLTR" one of which seems to have caused the problem.
Thanks in advance
The PC Specification is:
Pentium P-IV 1.6GHz
2x HDD (40GB & 60GB)
nVidia GeForce2 MX400 64MB Graphics Card
I forgot to mention that I have also run a full virus scan (no viruses found) and Spybot (no adware found)
This problem is still hanging around. I'm beginning to think that my only option is to remove & reinstall outlook, but if anyone has an alternative solution I'd like to hear it!
There is a repair function there.
What about System Restore to a date prior to the Office Updates.
Our IT people have failed to sort this one out - so here is a challenge ..
OUTLOOK keeps crashing when i go to send an email from my address book. As soon as I select CONTACTS and move the scroll bar to move down the list.. saying "Outlook.exe has generated errors" blah blah.
The crash is always consistent.
Interestingly, I updated to a newer more powerful PC sometime ago .. may the 2 things are related.
But the software is the same.
I can't believe I'm the only one that has seen this!!
Have you tried backing up or exporting your current address book and replacing it with a new empty one, to see if it's damaged...
if you email adresses are pop or imap enabled i would recommend totally leaving outlook and installing something more trustworthy such as Mozilla Thunderbird which can be found <a href="click here">here</a><br>
once downloaded and installed you can import you outlook account into thunderbird and everything will be ready for use.
sorry about the html tags, im new here and didn't know you didn't need them.
Sorry, I haven't had time to respond to the earlier suggestions...
1. I've tried the repair function in outlook - it doesn't make any difference.
2. I can't restore back to before the problem as I've started a PGCE (Teacher training) course since the problem started & I've got stacks of new software that I've had to install - I can't afford to loose it all.
3. My outlook problem crashes whatever screen I have up - more recently it's been crashing during an e-mail download (it usually takes 2 or 3 attempts to download the inital batch of e-mails each day). I don't get any error messages, the progam just ends (but usually leaves the Outlook process running!?!?)
I'd prefer to continuw with outlook as I'm used to it, but if I can't get a fix for this problem soon I might try thunderbird.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.