Outlook 2003 Contacts

douglas1973 18:33 07 Nov 2004

I want my labels to include "Mr & Mrs" (for example) before the names of the persons. I have tried to alter the information inputted for each contact so that "Mr & Mrs" will be included but without success.
Anyone have any ideas?

Cook2 18:39 07 Nov 2004

A few lines under 'Full Name' you will see 'File as': either cut and paste from the 'Full Name' of type in e.g Mr and Mrs Bloggs into the 'File As'.

Cook2 18:40 07 Nov 2004

A few lines under 'Full Name' you will see 'File as': either cut and paste from the 'Full Name' of type in e.g Mr and Mrs Bloggs into the 'File As'.

douglas1973 18:49 07 Nov 2004

Thanks Cook but if I do what you suggest my contacts (in my address book for example) will all be shown under the letter "M", won't they ?

Taran 21:02 07 Nov 2004

Open up the Outlook Contact you want to edit, then click on the Details tab.

You can add the persons title in there, as well as a suffix if required, along with further information about them as a contact. The first tab in the contact manager is just for the primary details of your contact(s). The other tabs all combine to allow you to store a lot more information and configure meetings, appointments and whatnot.

T

Cook2 21:26 07 Nov 2004

Whoops sorry, Type in the 'File as' - Bloggs Mr and Mrs

Cook2 21:27 07 Nov 2004

Whoops sorry, Type in the 'File as' - Bloggs Mr and Mrs

wee eddie 21:59 07 Nov 2004

I think that this is a losing battle really, as M$ don't appear to think that family has a part in business.

All that is on offer currently is "Spouse" and "Anniversary"

I know that, to me, a page of family details; kids, birthdays, hobbies, holiday destinations, etc would be really useful.

My Reps come in regularly and it would be great if there were a page that I could shove all those little family details that one picks up over the years. It would allow ones' contact to become that much more personal.

I know that this is not the same as douglas's thread but is following the same vein.

Taran 22:11 07 Nov 2004

Part of the problem is that Outlook is the defacto standard for email clients in corporate environments, and so the family business and smaller operations are pretty much left out.

On the plus side, there are add-on tools available that expand on those included in Outlook, and if you know a good programmer he or she will be able to write additional modules that can be called into operation as and when required. Office automation is a big thing to most programmers, however, this doesn't alter the fact that what you want is not a built in feature.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?